Thursday, April 02, 2009

Family Ties and SSPU

Mom and Aunt Dorothy are coming to visit me! The revolving door at my flat has begun!

Actually (thankfully) they are staying in a hotel. My place, as I’ve mentioned before, is charming...but 3 Armstrong women under one little roof is a mess! Plus, what I call charming, Mom will call old, dingy and small.

Semantics.

In addition to having the ladies visit, I’m THRILLED that Silversun Pickups are playing in London this weekend. I missed them in Charleston 2 years ago and have been kicking myself ever since. It’s funny – they are too big for Charleston, yet they are opening for some band I’ve never heard of here. Must be a different continent thing...

If you haven’t heard of Silversun Pickups...don’t tell me...just download these songs and fall in love: Common Reactor, Lazy Eye, and Well Thought Out Twinkles.

(http://www.silversunpickups.com/)

Anyway, they are playing at some place called KoKo on Friday. I’ll just have to tuck Mom and Aunt D in bed early and head out. Not going to let this opportunity pass me again.

SO EXCITED!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Yay! So glad you're already getting visitors AND hitting up some music.
Thanks for the kind words... it was a rough night.

chickenlaw said...

Going out in londontown!!!! It's good to have friends like you to live through vicariously.