Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Couple Firsts

So, last night was my first "official" home cooked meal night in the new flat! Exciting times, right? After a month of eating soup and sandwiches...this is a pretty big deal!


After a couple trips around town to various shops and venues, I have finally collected the bare minimum supplies required to cook (not just microwave) a meal. Keep in mind, I have to carry everything around...so no Super Shopping Trips for me. If I can't carry it in a hand basket, I can't carry it home...so that makes for multiple trips and small pieces! FYI - I am now the proud own of not 1 but 2 pots (!), 2 spatulas, and a can opener! Still working on getting saute pans and some other appliances... All in due time...


Now I recognize that this was no gourmet meal...a meager pasta and tomato sauce with meatballs...but I considered it quite a feat! And I now know how to use my oven without burning the house down...something I'm sure my neighbors would love to know, but I'm rather glad they don't!


So, the other "first" was a walk in the pouring rain to the train station this morning. I've made it a month exactly without a rainy commute! It's been misty, but this was just downright rain today. I was a trooper, though. Slick red raincoat and Nicole Miller umbrella and I was off to the train, although not quite singing...more listening to my iPod. :)


I only wish I looked this good walking in the rain....


(photo: Rain with Love by =widjita)


1 comment:

chickenlaw said...

Good to see England now can enjoy cuisine de sandy.