Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm baaaccckkk.....

I thought about waiting until May 25th for my next post...thinking a whole month wouldn't be so bad, but I realized whatever is left of those of you reading this would officially disown me! Here's to maybe keeping the blog going... :)

So, part of why I moved to Europe was the opportunity to travel. I love getting to see new places and check out the scene. There's just so much history here! I mean, I think Charleston is an old city...and really it is for America. But we're talking about bustling cities in and around Europe before America was even "on the map"!

Plus there's the whole culture here which is completely different. Not better, not worse...just different. And I'm enjoying every minute of the experience!

What's even better about travelling is when someone else is picking up the tab, right? Check out my latest work trip: Winchester Cathedral - http://www.winchester-cathedral.org.uk/

I mean, who can spot the American tourist? I was walking up to the meeting, camera in hand, snapping photos! :) But it's just so impressive. Parts of this cathedral have been in place since 1068 AD! Incredible!

I didn't get a chance to go inside the cathedral - or visit the quaint city sites (gotta get a paycheck, so meeting took priority!) - but I will definitely be back here soon.





(imagine how many people walked through this door...so wild!)


And since this isn't a perfect world...and I do have to pay for some of my own travelling...here are a few snapshots of a day trip to Arundel, a pretty city about 1.5 hrs south of London.

(I like to think this castle could be my summer home along the river...really belongs the Duke & Duchess of Norfolk, but maybe we can work something out...)

(The grand entrance to the castle - and no, that's not my car...I'm not even going to attempt driving in this country!)

(A Dominican Priory - or basically a place where monks lived. This dates back to the 1250s)

(the pretty Arun River)

(my new sweet friend, Joanna)






1 comment:

Morgan said...

FINALLY. Beautiful pictures! So many reasons I'm jealous of your adventure! Hope I can swing a visit to see you! xo