Sunday, May 31, 2009

Big Week in Review

Well, it seems I have a lot to catch everyone up on!

Ireland was SO much fun! It was a short trip...but we definitely packed a whole lot in. I made it in about an hour late (thanks Aer Lingus!)...and arrived to the smiling face of my dear friend Jack Quinn. Jack and I met in France back when I was studying at the Universite de Haut Alsace. We became instant friends and thankfully have stayed in touch through the years. He’s the perfect cross between a brother and friend. I adore him!

Jack dropped me off at Jordan’s house in Booterstown, just outside Dublin. Jordan (see photos in previous posting) has been my friend through thick and thin and I love her. She and her hubby live in a cute house with ocean views. After some coffee and a nap (makes sense, right?), we dolled ourselves up for a night out.



Jordan picked out a fab restaurant along the coast and then we headed into town for drinks and to meet up with Jack. Give me some drinks and a camera – and I’m a happy girl! Loads of fun!




Back in London – and needing some rest – I joined my lovely new friend Sabrina for a walk in the park. It was such a beautiful day, we couldn’t pass up an afternoon in the sun. So we headed to St. James Park – smack dab in front of Buckingham Palace. We grabbed some food and had an impromptu picnic in the park.

People in London take every opportunity to enjoy the sunshine. I’m learning fast that you have to take advantage of the sunshine...it’s not always guaranteed! Plus, who doesn’t love a picnic?! I’m becoming a big fan!





The work week flew by...thankfully! After such a busy weekend and not much sleep...I don’t think I could have handled much more than a 4 day work week! Plus, I had a date with Eric Clapton to look forward to! That’s right...THE Eric Clapton. He played at the Royal Albert Hall. It was AMAZING! The venue alone is spectacular...and to see him there was outstanding! And even at 64 he can make love to a guitar like no one else. Holy cow! I think I might have a crush...



Not a whole lot can really compare to Eric...but even still the rest of this weekend was nice. The weather has been fantastic...so a couple more days laying out in both the backyard and the park (Hyde Park today), plus a few beer gardens in between have made this a pretty great one. It was all topped off with a Skype chat with the family tonight, so can’t really complain!

Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

Wow...sounds like you had a wonderful week! Sorry we missed each other on Skype. We will have to make plans to chat this week. Miss ya!

Morgan said...

You're living the life my dear. So jealous. Keep posting! Love living through you!