Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rude Awakenings

Woke up this morning only to discover the water in my building has been turned off!?! What?!?
Thankfully, I had a bottled water in the fridge and could at least brush my teeth. So, I then decided to pop down to the little convenience store downstairs and get some breakfast. Imagine my delight to find they carry Diet Cherry Coke!! (I know - healthy breakfast...but I was swayed because DCC can be hard to find in the grocery stores back home and thought I was in for such a treat!) I picked up a few other little items for the week and rushed back up here to write this entry and enjoy my precious drink. Yep...it's not the same. It's not at all the same sweet deliciousness as back home. In fact, it stinks!


One pleasant surprise (and believe me, I had my doubts) was that hummus, or houmous as they spell it here, is great!
So, no banking progress as of yet...but I'm taking my stinky, no shower self off to explore Borough Market today. V. excited! :)

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Isn't their a public bath you can go to? The Romans had the right idea.

Rachel said...

You are not kidding about that hummus. I think I got the same thing when I went to visit Compton... with the pretzel bits or whatever? TASTY! So glad things are going well!