Thursday, March 19, 2009

A New Start

The Search is Over!


I found a place to live! Hooray!




I found the most charming little apartment in an area called Putney. It’s in a great little residential neighbourhood and even has a sweet little garden in the back. So, move in date will be next weekend...which is great for me. Plus, it’ll be just in time for the annual Boat Race between Oxford and Cambridge, apparently a big party along the river towns. And, of course, my sweet friend Jordan's visit will be just in time to help me get settled!

Now, this wasn't necessarily the easiest thing to do. Let me give you a brief overview. The place I thought was picture perfect – wasn’t. It was in a great location and did have some charming features (brick fireplace in the living room was nice)...but it just didn’t feel right. So, I put foot to pavement and walked all over town Friday & Saturday. I swear I must have seen 40 + apartments, some were good but some were just awful! (The kicker was an apartment in a nice area which was literally the size of a shoebox! I was shocked considering the neighbourhood and the rental price. But even the cute guy living across the hall couldn’t persuade me to take the shoebox!)

So, now on to tackle the next challenge - opening a bank account!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Yeah Sandy! You found a place and you are blogging!!
I am so excited to hear about your adventures in London and I hope that Collins and I can come visit you at some point.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your fun life! I want to see more pics so continue this "blogging" thing you have going. Actually, I think you're inspiring me to do my own blog. Keep in touch!

Morgan said...

YAY! Love the blog already. Keep it up. And you need to let people "Follow" you so you show up on my blog dashboard.
Miss you! xo

Brandi Sellers said...

Yay! Putney is such a cute neighborhood and the house looks awesome. Good luck with the bank account!