Saturday, March 21, 2009

I LOVE Borough Market!

Borough Market is a bountiful open-air market near the South Bank. It's colorful, great for people-watching, perfect for grabbing a snack, or even doing your weekly grocery shopping. Everything is here: produce, fish, beef, chicken, sausages, pastries, flowers...you name it and you're likely to find it there.


Now, this place isn't for those who don't like crowds. Because the market is only open 3 days of the week - people flock here in droves, locals and tourists alike. And because today was (yet again) a lovely sunshiney day, I imagine it was filled to the brim.

Here are a few of my photos from today. (Wish I'd taken more but I'm one of those people who don't like crowds, so my patience was limited...)


(my first stop)

(gorgeous fruits and veggies)

(preserves and spreads)

(a pretty flower shop just outside the market)

(this is Southwark Cathedral...very beautiful)

(a view across the Millennium Bridge to St. Paul's Cathedral)

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Looks like a perfect way to spend a Saturday! Love you blog - please keep it up!! xoxo

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

I love love love the picture of the fruits and veggies!!! Yes, I am dork. :)