Monday, August 24, 2009

Anyone up for some Liver(pool)?

[Liverpool, England - image found here]

So, I'm off to Liverpool tomorrow for a conference. I have to say, I wasn't thrilled when the company asked me to go. For one thing, I'm off on holiday at the end of the week and have much to prepare. But truth be told, aside from the Beatles, I've not heard of anything good really coming out of this city. I mean, it's own residents are called "Liverpudlians"...or worse sounding, "scousers"!

Doing some digging online, though, and I found the picture above. That doesn't look so bad?! And Liverpool was awarded the European Capital of Culture title in 2008. So, I'm wondering if I have made some assumptions about Liverpool that are unfair. We'll see...

I set off in search of the "cool factor" that Liverpool has to offer. Let's hope I'm successful! Look for updates soon!

1 comment:

chickenlaw said...

Good hunting! Not sure what a cool factor you might find, but if anybody can, I'm sure it's you!